The Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are a group of local business people giving back to our community. They go out each week and welcome new businesses to the community as well as celebrate additions or expansions to existing businesses. Funds for the scholarships are raised through the annual Ambassador Golf Outing held each July.
The scholarship committee will evaluate all applications and personally interview the finalists. Payments will be made to the college or university upon receipt of student’s first semester’s official transcript (GPA of at least 2.5 required). Scholarships must be claimed within 18 months from the date the scholarship was awarded.
6 or more Scholarships will be awarded in amounts up to$1,500.00
1. Must be a resident of Freeborn County.
2. Individuals making application must be seeking financial assistance for their freshman year at a college or university.
3. Preference is given to business majors, however others will be considered. All majors are encouraged to apply.
4. Scholarships must be claimed within 18 months from the date the scholarship was awarded. (committee will consider letters of exception)
5. Finalists must be able to meet the selection committee for a personal interview.
6. Scholarship money will be awarded upon receipt of first quarter/semester grades.
7. Student musts maintain a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average during their first semester of college.
Factors to be considered by the committee in awarding this Scholarship will be:
1. Application & Essay Questions. APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE, INCLUDING ESSAY QUESTIONS.
2. Potential for success
3. School, community and church involvement
Friday, February 15, 2019
Please click on the link below if you would like it in a paper format.
Please click on the link for the online application: