The purpose of this position is to ensure that quality product is shipped and received from the facility in the most efficient manner.
Loading/ Unloading Material
• Perform load-out functions and train plant operators on safe performance of load-out functions including:
o Safely loading product for shipment into railcars and trucks
o Inspecting product for quality indicators while loading
o Sample loaded product as necessary for retention and quality purposes
o Connecting/disconnecting hoses to trucks, tanks, and other storage units
o For each shipped, received, or produced item, fill out the appropriate paperwork to ensure correct inventories are maintained and forward said paperwork to required parties while keeping copies of the paperwork for on-site filing
• Responsible for verifying product quality before the product leaves and reaches the customer.
• Maintain shipping and receiving system complete with appropriate documentation and work instructions.
• Help to verify load-out instrumentation to ensure its proper function.
• Assist with manufacturing, packaging, and load-out of specialty oil products.
• Monitor and continually improve quality control in all aspects of biodiesel plant shipping and receiving operations.
• Acquire, label and store retained product samples.
• Visually inspect retained samples for product quality before releasing the shipment.
• Inspect and test the quality of incoming raw material shipments prior to their release for use in the plant; follow established testing procedures and accurately report the results.
Other frequent duties:
• Perform general facility maintenance and housekeeping at the load-out facilities.
• Generate daily shipment reports.
• Tracking shipment details and organizing receipts.
• Follow all safety regulations for any work area, and encourage others to do the same.
• Follow all safety guidelines regulated by REG, OSHA, or other regulatory agencies.
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: High school education or equivalent.
Experience Required: 6-12 months general work experience preferred. Previous shipping and receiving experience preferred.
Skills Required: General knowledge of computers, basic mechanical skills, and good communication skills. Ability to climb semi-truck loading ladders. Willingness to work in extreme outdoor elements.
REG is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.