Always looking for new ways to support our local businesses, we now offer a complimentary QR Coding Service to our Chamber members!
The possibilities are endless for a business to use QR Codes!
What are QR Codes?
QR Codes are two-dimensional barcodes that can be easily scanned with a mobile device to access your online content. QR stands for Quick Response which refers to the instant information access hidden in the Code.
QR Code Ideas for Your Business
QR Codes can be placed on windows to easily advertise store or office information about opening times, events, sales, contact details, and more!
Because QR Codes are so versatile, they can be used in any print or online advertising campaign. If your goal is to increase your social media following, you can place the Social Media QR Code in shops to lead customers to any and all of your social media platforms.
What can the Chamber do for me?
- You will have access to the best and the brightest of your community through your association with the Chamber. Fellow business people are great resources, mentors, and customers!
- As a Chamber Member, your business will gain recognition and respect as one of the community’s interested and active businesses who are concerned about the area it operates in.
- Chambers conduct social and business events where you can socialize and develop relationships. Becoming a member of a chamber of commerce provides opportunities to give back to the community and capitalize on significant member benefits; serving in the leadership raises your recognition, visibility and credibility, as well as that of your business.
- Chamber Member Referrals – We refer consumers to our Chamber members – that means you!
- Seminars and Workshops–We provide timely seminars and workshops to keep you and your business on the cutting edge for better business, greater customer service and higher profits.
- Legislative Updates and Contacts–We work to keep you abreast of the kind of state and federal actions that can hurt or help you.
- Our Chamber Bucks program was wildly successful in 2020; $94,595 Chamber Bucks were purchased, money that is guaranteed to stay local and benefit our awesome Chamber businesses! As a Chamber Member your business will be able to accept Chamber Bucks for payment. Please let us know if you’re interested in participating in this program.
- Chamber website–Your business will be listed on our website’s (www.albertlea.org) membership listing.
- Member to Member discount program–an opportunity for you to offer other members discounts, and receive discounts at participating businesses.
- As your business and community advocate, the Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce brings businesses together. Part of the value of becoming a Chamber member is being part of an organization that has established successful programs that improve the economic climate and quality of life in Freeborn County. Chamber programs are developed to produce a healthy, expanding economy which creates more demand for goods and services, with a united effort to improve the overall well-being of the community and make Freeborn County a great place to live and work!
- The Chamber unites more than 500 businesses and professional firms, thus creating a unique central agency working to improve business and build a better community.
- The goal of your Chamber of Commerce is to promote the commercial, industrial, civic, cultural and general interest of your city and region. To accomplish this, action committees explore every avenue and possibility. These committees usually include those working in the areas of economic development, agriculture, membership, leadership, publicity, highways, rural development, civic affairs, retail promotions, and water resources. Every individual, firm and profession derives direct benefits in a growing, stable economy. Such an economy is the result of your Chamber's efforts.
- More importantly, the Chamber is people just like you. People who realize that though the Chamber they can accomplish collectively what no one of them can do individually.
- Strength of the Chamber lies in attracting the greatest number of members, creating a pool of resources from which ideas. We want your participation for a better community!
Networking & Marketing Opportunities
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP CELEBRATION: This event is held each year to celebrate our membership! We recognize Small, Medium, and Large Business of the year, Volunteer of the Year, Ambassador of the Year, and Worksite Wellness Awards. The Chairman of the Board gives a year-in-review and the Incoming Chairman of the Board presents the Chamber's priorities for the upcoming year. Watch a video presentation here, honoring our awardees https://www.facebook.com/213922758618489/videos/2898721043694178.
BUSINESS AFTER HOURS: Business After Hours is an informal reception that mixes business with pleasure and gives chamber members an opportunity to get acquainted. It also provides the host site with an opportunity to showcase their facilities, products, and services. Held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 5:30–6:30 p.m. at a Chamber member’s place of business. Let us know if you’re interested in attending, hosting or sponsoring an event.
AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP GOLF OUTING: Join your fellow Chamber Members at the Annual Chamber Ambassador Golf Outing. The format is four-person best shot (scramble). Games and contests are held at several locations throughout the course including a Hole In One contest. Raffle tickets will be sold for the chance to win many donated items.
CHAMBER COMMITTEES: Governmental Affairs, Grow MN, Ambassadors, Worksite Wellness, Business/Education Partnership, Agriculture Committee, Board of Directors.
CONSTANT CONTACT: As a Chamber member, you can get some of the biggest discounts on Constant Contact's Email Marketing to help you stay in touch with your customers.
- Get 20% off for six months when you pre-pay
- Get 25% off for a year when you pre-pay —it's like getting three months FREE
Plus, you get our unlimited, award-winning FREE support and personal coaching to help you do it right every step of the way!
Over 350,000 small businesses and organizations trust Constant Contact to help them get more. You can too!
Get more loyalty and business from your customers. Get more from your marketing budget and efforts. There's never been a better time to get more successful—by using Constant Contact.
WEEKLY E-BIZ BLAST: Emailed weekly, the E-Biz Blast is one of the Chamber’s major information sources for the membership. Sections of the blast include: Chamber Committee Meetings, Chamber Business and Community Events, Health and Wellness, Chamber Action Alerts, and Member Spotlights.
EVENT SPONSORSHIP: The Chamber hosts many monthly and annual business/social events intended to increase member contacts and encourage community involvement. Your sponsorship of these events is an excellent way to increase your organization’s visibility and promote your business. Sponsorship opportunities are available for the following: Annual Meeting, Business After Hours, Ambassador Scholarship Golf Outing, Albert Lea Area Leadership, Farm Family of they Year, 3rd Grade Farm Tours, The Big Freeze, Gourmet Auction, 3rd of July Parade, 4th of July Fireworks and Teacher of the Year.
MEMBER TO MEMBER DISCOUNT PROGRAM: Members supporting Members! The Chamber publicizes your offer via email, website, E-Biz Weekly, and Friday Focus. This is a free service offered to our membership.
RIBBON CUTTING & GROUND BREAKING CEREMONIES: In celebration of new business openings, change of locations, renovations or other major accomplishments, the Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce offers free ribbon cuttings for members on location. This is a great opportunity to create a media event with photos of you and the big scissors on your big day.
WEBSITE: Each Chamber member is listed in the Chamber’s online membership directory with a link to the member’s website. This gives browsers who are looking for goods and services direct access to your website.
LEADERSHIP: Is a community leadership program which provides particapants an intense look at business, agriculture, politics, education, quality of life, health care, human services, public safety and diversity of our community. The program is designed as an educational opportunity that enables participants to learn more about this area's resources,values, strengths, weakness, and challenges. The intent is to motivate and encourage participants to assume individual leadership roles in community affairs. Participants create strong relationships to encourage their future involvement and collaboration in addressing the region's challenges.
- Meeting room space: Chamber Conference room is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for strategic planning, interviewing, training, and other needs. Call 507.373.3938 for availability.
- Receive discounts on the member mailing labels and lists
- Business referrals
- Certificates of Origin
- Community Information
- Market Research
For further information about Chamber Member Programs and Services, Contact the Chamber at 507.373.3938 email email@example.com