What can the Chamber do for me?
- You will have access to the best and the brightest of your community through your association with the Chamber. Fellow business people are great resources, mentors, and customers!
- As a Chamber Member, your business will gain recognition and respect as one of the community’s interested and active businesses who are concerned about the area it operates in.
- Chambers conduct social and business events where you can socialize and develop relationships. Becoming a member of a chamber of commerce provides opportunities to give back to the community and capitalize on significant member benefits; serving in the leadership raises your recognition, visibility and credibility, as well as that of your business.
- Chamber Member Referrals – We refer consumers to our Chamber members – that means you!
- Seminars and Workshops–We provide timely seminars and workshops to keep you and your business on the cutting edge for better business, greater customer service and higher profits.
- Legislative Updates and Contacts–We work to keep you abreast of the kind of state and federal actions that can hurt or help you.
- Electronic Business Monthly–Monthly newsletter that keeps you informed of new local and state developments. The newsletter is an excellent way for you to reach Chamber members with your ideas and products. This means networking with hundreds of potential clients, suppliers and business associates.
- Chamber Gift Certificate program–Also know as Chamber Bucks. As a Chamber Member your business will be able to accept Chamber Bucks for payment. Our Chamber sells over $150,000 in gift certificates each year. That’s money spent only at Chamber member businesses!
- Chamber website–Your business will be listed on our website’s (www.albertlea.org) membership listing.
- Member to Member discount program–an opportunity for you to offer other members discounts, and receive discounts at participating businesses.
- As your business and community advocate, the Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce brings businesses together. Part of the value of becoming a Chamber member is being part of an organization that has established successful programs that improve the economic climate and quality of life in Freeborn County. Chamber programs are developed to produce a healthy, expanding economy which creates more demand for goods and services, with a united effort to improve the overall well-being of the community and make Freeborn County a great place to live and work!
- The Chamber unites more than 500 businesses and professional firms, thus creating a unique central agency working to improve business and build a better community.
- The goal of your Chamber of Commerce is to promote the commercial, industrial, civic, cultural and general interest of your city and region. To accomplish this, action committees explore every avenue and possibility. These committees usually include those working in the areas of economic development, agriculture,membership, leadership, publicity, highways, rural development, civic affairs, retail promotions, and water resources. Every individual, firm and profession derives direct benefits in a growing, stable economy. Such an economy is the result of your Chamber's efforts.
- More importantly, the Chamber is people just like you. People who realize that though the Chamber they can accomplish collectively what no one of them can do individually.
- Strength of the Chamber lies in attracting the greatest number of members, creating a pool of resources from which ideas. We want your participation for a better community!
Networking & Marketing Opportunities
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP CELEBRATION: An event to celebrate our membership! Small, Medium and Large Business of the year, Volunteer of the Year and Ambassador of the Year and Worksite Wellness Awards will be recognized. The Chair of the Board will give the year-in-review and the Incoming Chair of the Board will present the Chamber's priorities for the upcoming year.
BUSINESS AFTER HOURS: One of our most popular business networking events! Held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 5:30–6:30 p.m. at a Chamber member’s place of business.
AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP GOLF OUTING: Join your fellow Chamber Members at the Annual Chamber Ambassador Golf Outing. The format is four-person best shot (scramble). Games and contests are held at several locations throughout the course including a Hole In One contest. Raffle tickets will be sold for the chance to win many donated items.
CHAMBER COMMITTEES: Governmental Affairs, Green Committee, Ambassadors, Worksite Wellness, Business/Education Partnership, Agriculture Committee, Board of Directors.
CONSTANT CONTACT: As a Chamber member, you can get some of the biggest discounts on Constant Contact's Email Marketing to help you stay in touch with your customers.
- Get 20% off for six months when you pre-pay
- Get 25% off for a year when you pre-pay —it's like getting three months FREE
Plus, you get our unlimited, award-winning FREE support and personal coaching to help you do it right every step of the way!
Over 350,000 small businesses and organizations trust Constant Contact to help them get more. You can too!
Get more loyalty and business from your customers. Get more from your marketing budget and efforts. There's never been a better time to get more successful—by using Constant Contact.
ELECTRONIC BUSINESS MONTHLY NEWSLETTER: Published monthly, the Business Monthly is one of the Chamber’s major information sources for the membership. Members are able to submit newsworthy items about their business to the Small Street Journal section. Information for the Small Street Journal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with Small Street Journal in the subject line.
EVENT SPONSORSHIP: The Chamber hosts many monthly and annual business/social events intended to increase member contacts and encourage community involvement. Your sponsorship of these events is an excellent way to increase your organization’s visibility and promote your business. Sponsorship opportunities are available for the following: Annual Meeting, Business After Hours, Ambassador Scholarship Golf Outing, Albert Lea Area Leadership, Farm Family of they Year, 3rd Grade Farm Tours, The Big Freeze, Gourmet Auction, 3rd of July Parade, 4th of July Fireworks and Teacher of the Year.
MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY: Published ever two years and updated on our website weekly, the Directory is a complete listing of the Chamber membership – alphabetically and by business category. This piece is a key resource for employee recruitment and new residents.
MEMBER TO MEMBER DISCOUNT PROGRAM: Members supporting Members! The Chamber publicizes your offer via email, fax, website, Electronic Business Monthly, E-Biz Weekly, and Friday Focus. This is a free service offered to our membership.
RIBBON CUTTING & GROUND BREAKING CEREMONIES: The Chamber Ambassadors visit new and existing Chamber members each week. They also recognition of Business Milestones.
WEBSITE: Each Chamber member is listed in the Chamber’s online membership directory with a link to the member’s website. This gives browsers who are looking for goods and services direct access to your website.
LEADERSHIP: Is a community leadership program which provides particapants an intense look at business, agriculture, politics, education, quality of life, health care, human services, public safety and diversity of our community. The program is designed as an educational opportunity that enables participants to learn more about this area's resources,values, strengths, weakness, and challenges. The intent is to motivate and encourage participants to assume individual leadership roles in community affairs. Participants create strong relationships to encourage their future involvement and collaboration in addressing the region's challenges.
- Meeting room space: Chamber Conference room is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. for strategic planning, interviewing, training, and other needs. Call 507.373.3938 for availability.
- Receive discounts on the member mailing labels and lists
- Business referrals
- Certificates of Origin
- Community Information
- Market Research
- Employee Recruitment Packets
For further information about Chamber Member Programs and Services, Contact the Chamber at 507.373.3938 email email@example.com